Sun Hospital Pvt. Ltd. ~ About Us
Sun Hospital in Orissa with over 35 years' service to its credit was always fired with a vision.
To provide the common man with excellent services in health care. Combining the best of professional and medical expertise, Sun Diagnostic Center(SDC) brings the latest in Medical Diagnostic Technology.
Dr. Dipak Mitra, Managing Director, CEO
Dr. Vinita Sawhney, Director, Wife of Dr. Dipak Mitra
Sun Hospital, Cuttack
Sun Hospital is a premier healthcare facility in the city of Cuttack. It was founded in 1978 as a small 8 bed facility and has now grown into a 105 bed hospital. It was the first healthcare organization to embrace a corporate structure and culture way back in 2001.
Sun Hospital subscribes to the belief that patients come first and strives to deliver quality healthcare by combining the best in human and technological resources. We were the first hospital in Cuttack to start a fully equipped 10 bed ICU, a service that the city lacked, and 2 state of the art OTs in 2002.
Sun Hospital today is a multispecialty secondary care hospital with fully equipped OTs, ICU, HDU, fully automated laboratory, general wards, single rooms, deluxe and super deluxe rooms.
- First ISO 9000 certified hospital of Odisha
- First full range Radioimmunoassay Laboratory of Odisha
- First laparoscopic hysterectomy in Odisha
- First 10 bed ICU of Cuttack
- First hospital in Cuttack to have advanced OT facilities with anaesthesia ventilators and full range patient monitoring, including anaesthetic gas monitoring
- First Total Knee Replacement surgery of Odisha
- First hospital based Ultrasound Scan of Odisha
- First Colour Doppler Ultrasound machine of Odisha
- First Mammography machine of Odisha
- First Volumetric CT Scan of Odisha
- First Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scanner (MRI) of Odisha
- First 128 slice CT Scan of Odisha
Sun Diagnostic Centre, Cuttack
Sun Diagnostic Centre was established in 1994 with the aim of providing basic and advanced diagnostic facilities to the state of Odisha and the city of Cuttack. It is located in close vicinity to SCB Medical College and Hospital, in the central part of the city in order to provide easy access to all.
Sun Diagnostic Centre strives to provide quality diagnostic reporting by incorporating a system of internal and external quality control and validation of results. Clinicians, therefore, trust our reports.
This facility is not only a pioneer of many cutting edge imaging modalities, but a trendsetter in the state of Odisha. We are proud to have introduced many state of the art imaging equipment for the people of Odisha, like the Volumetric CT Scan, Colour Doppler Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scanner (MRI), Mammography and., most recently, the highly advanced Cardiac Angiography capable 128 Slice CT Scanner.
Our mission is to provide technological innovations in the field of medical diagnostics at an affordable cost to the citizens of Odisha and its neighbouring states.